Monday, December 7, 2009

over! over! over!

school is almost over! my brain is almost over! the mysteries about life that i can't explain will never be over! people are confusing and over! i am almost as confusing over!


gah. my life literally feels like too many exclamation points and not enough space. it may also be noted that i now plan on having a computer hunch in my back forever.

so. design quarter 1 is over. now that i have all these sweet skillz what should i do with them? how will they relate to linguistics? or more importantly, how will they relate to my life?

on a more happier note, it snowed this morning and i decided that the world was my Christmas present. kind of like the world is my oyster, only more holiday themed.

on a more depressing note, my 320 assignment was awful. and late. and awful. and i don't want to think about it. if i could travel backwards in time, i probably would not have stayed up until 2 talking to alton last night and i would have had at least two more hours to work on it. the design was nice, even kinda cool. but the text was ridiculous. also the premise of the book. also the typography.


okay, this is what i don't understand. true design for me is beautiful. (i know, i know, what do i know after 1 quarter) and a lot of the stuff other people turn in look-- organized. clean. even technically proficient. but not beautiful. not ... exciting. maybe it just isn't exciting for me? but the stuff i turn in, regardless of whether it was a success or failure, is exciting every time. i don't ever let myself do a boring assignment, even if that would be eaiser / possibly better grade.

i wish they would grade us on that. then my grades would be better. sigh.

okay but! the quarter is almost! almost! over!

No comments:

Post a Comment